Saturday, June 11, 2011

Act I (Belated) 6/11/2011

Greetings from Sharon Lewis, who has been missing, on and off, from her family and friends for about 2 months!  Sorry I didn't call or write - just didn't feel like talking or writing.  The chemo sessions were difficult, but, it could have been much worse. I have completed four cycles and have 3 more to go, as well as radiation and surgery.  Their were times, and still are, where I just didn't want to continue treatment.  I can't understand why we have the same treatments as those that were given 40 years ago.  Granted, we have more meds to handle the negative effects of chemo, but, they come with side effects as well.  When I read all the side effects from the chemo and radiation, it is frightening.  Just have to take it one day at a time, one minute at a time, one second.....

Thanks to all who have supported me and brightened my days.  So many gifts of compassion - cards, books, CD's, food, supplies, visits, calls and so much more!  And, so much prayer that has helped me not to give up and to remember who I am.   I am a survivor and a very blessed child of God. 

OK, so this is my first blog.  More to come.  Maybe you can help me by suggesting a big, huge, event/trip, or something to do, that I would have never done, to celebrate my new healthy self.
Any and all ideas are welcome!!

Many blessings, Sharon 

No comments:

Post a Comment